Friday, September 30, 2011

SLAVE

"James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings" (James 1:1).
 
A "bond-servant" is a slave. the word (Greek: doulos) literally means, "to bend". Originally it was the lowest term in the scale of servitude. The idea is to give oneself up to the will of another. It's the most common word for "servant" used in the Bible.
 
Let me point out that one of the attitudes that God would have us adopt is the attitude of a doulos--a slave. God already has a great day planned for each of us and the key to enjoying it will be to allow God to be God and to simply join Him in His work.
 
Let me suggest that you repeat this to yourself and then attempt to accomplish it: "I am the slave of God and I will adjust my life to His agenda today".

No comments:

Post a Comment