Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TRUTH

"My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins" (James 5:19-20).
 
We are to be in the "truth-telling" business with our goal being to turn our friends and family back to the truth from which they have strayed.  It's a bit tricky since, in my experience, no one really likes hearing the truth.  I know that I don't.  At least I don't like having my faults pointed out.  You likely don't like it either.  With that in mind, it is essential to keep the purpose of truth-telling squarely in front of us.
 
T-urn: A complete change of direction.
R-estore: A renewal of purpose and position.
U-nlease: A return to true freedom.
T-ouch: A relational closeness.
H-eal: A renewed strength.
 
Today, may we use "truth-telling" not just as a neccessary means of rebuking wrong--but also as a merciful gift of restoring right!

No comments:

Post a Comment