Tuesday, June 21, 2011

FEET

I've been reading and rereading Luke 7:36-50 this morning. <If you have time look it up and read it> I have found myself captivated by the story this morning--not that I haven't read it before--but I'm captivated by it today because I am experiencing it. I've been sucked into the story and I find myself this morning at the feet of Jesus weeping and kissing His feet. I'm pouring out the very best gifts that I have--an alibaster jar of ability, gifting, talent, experience, and success. I'm pouring it all out at the feet of Jesus. It's all that I really have. And there are those who would criticize--who would say that I'm not good enough, those who would list my sins, those would categorize my shortcomings and conclude that I am of no use to Jesus--that I'm disqualified. How could God use Dave? Doesn't He know who Dave is and what Dave has done? It's true that I am a sinner (pride, arrogance, selfishness, people-pleasing, fear, lust, codependency, gluttony, laziness, just to name a few). It's also true that God has canceled a very large debt for me. It's clear that in grateful response, my love for Jesus has grown exponentially. And so, like the immoral woman, I find myself at the feet of Jesus, kissing Him with my tears. My teaching...it happens at the feet of Jesus. My ministry...it happens at the feet of Jesus. My everything...it happens at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment