Tuesday, July 26, 2011

UNFAITHFUL

"You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God?  Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God" (James 4:4).

I thought about skipping this verse this morning because I really don't like it.  I don't like being called an adulterer.  I don't like the fact that my friendship with the world is a problem--a big problem.  I don't like being told that my friendship with the world makes me God's enemy.  I don't like it at all.  I'll bet that you don't like it either.

Here is what God is saying.  When you or I seek to have our needs met through anyone or anything other than God--He is offended!  It's that simple.  He is not ok with you hanging out with the "other" woman/man.  You're guilty...so don't try to pretend that this doesn't apply.  Instead let today be a day when you get alone with God and just let Him love you.

Brooke Fraser has written a very good song that applies.

No comments:

Post a Comment