Monday, March 26, 2012

BORN

"He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is from the earth and speaks of the earth.  He who comes from heaven is above all" (John 3:31).
 
A clear comparison is being made between "He who is from above" and "he who is of the earth".  Jesus is from above and is thus speaking the language of "the above".  We are naturally born citizens of earth and naturally speak of earthly things.  Jesus tells Nicodemus in John 3:3, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."  There is an urgency for us to be born from above so that we too can see what is above (God's Kingdom) allowing us then to speak heaven's perspective.
 
Let me suggest this prayer: "Father, by the blood of Jesus, please birth me into the Kingdom of Heaven, forgiving me of all my sin, and granting me the righteousness of Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment