Tuesday, November 15, 2011

SEEING

"For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror . . ." (James 1:23).
 
James now illustrates the futility of hearing without doing by pointing out the absurdity of looking in a mirror and then not correcting the faults that one might see.  The whole point of looking in the mirror is so that we can see how we look--and then make changes if they are needed.  I like to take a nap on Sunday afternoon.  I am very careful after my nap to go and look in the mirror to see if my hair is sticking up.  You see, I have a cow lick that sticks straight up--especially after a nap.  Over time my cow lick has been replaced by a bald spot and so it's not as bad as it once was.  Nevertheless, I still look in the mirror to make sure that my hair isn't sticking up.
 
Let the Bible be your mirror today.  Read a paragraph and then respond as needed.  Don't read and ignore--rather read and improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment